Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm looking to get a 1800 with my insurance money soon. i want the cb and was wondering if there is a comparison in quality of performance between the honda and the bikemp3 units? i see the bikemp3 has interfaces to hook up other radios and cell phone.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
i'm looking to get a 1800 with my insurance money soon. i want the cb and was wondering if there is a comparison in quality of performance between the honda and the bikemp3 units? i see the bikemp3 has interfaces to hook up other radios and cell phone.
do not no about thebikemp3 cb ...I bought the gl2way cb for my 1800 all plug and play same as the oem model..the gl2way cb also allows me to run my Garmin zumo 660 through it allowing me to hear the promps over the headset ...need an extra cable to do that ..as far as performance comparison ..pretty much the same as the oem model

·
Registered
4 Posts
The gl2way is made by BikeMP3, they are the same unit, but you can add the MP3 option. I had one on my 2010. It worked ok, but I did have some squeal issues reported by my traveling companions on an Alaska trip. Don't know if it was the adjustments or what. Kind of new at CB settings. Anyway, when I got my 12, I went with the factory unit and haven't had any of those issues. Since a lot of people swear by the BikeMp3 unit, it must have been the way I set it up or the J&M units the people I were riding with were using. Clear as mud, huh? The more I think about it, nobody else ever complained about the squeal except those two.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
My gl2way has worked for me on my 1800 I've only used so far talking to my buddy on his 1500 .. No squeal .. I did though have an annoying clicking noise over the headset not loud but irritating .. I contacted Sierra were I bought the cb at the same time I bought an mp3 player that plugs into the existing. Wiring for the cd player has nothing to do with the cb radio.. Anyway the noise was gone the only thing I did relating to the cb was move some wiring slightly as the mp3 player sits on top of the cb in the trunk and the wiring runs parrelel ... Am no expert..I got lucky

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.