Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I gave up my 2010 Ultra Limited for the Gold Wing due to recent back surgery and to my surprise my wife bought this today for Christmas.
Several questions I have are, the dealership installed a CB but no way to use it, earphones, push to talk etc. What do I need to make this thing work? I can hear cb'ers but can't talk
The other question is that this thing rides completely different than my Harley Limited, any tips or help would be appreciated

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
imported post

Probably need an intercom system. All the wiring for that is in place. I bought 2 sets for around $250.00-helmet to helmet. Can't help you on the riding side. I have had a 1500 and now the 1800, but both were trikes. Get on, hang on & enjoy.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

You'll need headsets (comes with the mic) and you should be good to go... If you had some for your Harley, they might be convertable with a change in cords..

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts
imported post

Merry Christmas!and Welcome to the forum too!
You can buy headsets at lots of places, J&M are used alot as well as Edsets, Wingstuff is one of the places you can get them. Hope you enjoy your Christmas present.

http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_list/gl1800/24_j_m_electronics/mfg/

Anything in particular you need tips on?

·
Still Learning
13,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

Push to talk button is the curved lever switch on the left grip sticking out to the left of the turn signal switch. Intercom and other volume controls are menu driven on the display panel (push the volume knob to bring up the menu.) Regarding "giving up" your flqh4p....hang on to that fondness, it's gonna Fade faster than you can believe. Oh yeah...welcome to the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.