Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the windshield and the garnish off the other day plus the hood over the meter panel and now my gauges don't work. Going through the wiring diagram with my limited skills tells me I am not getting voltage through the br/w wire at the 20p Blue connector. That is the common component to all the things that don't work. I swapped the tail relay around with another, that seems to be fine. Is there anything else obvious I should be trying? Why would one wire in a big bundle go bad like that? Any help is greatly appreciated, next stop will be the dealer, but I's rather not.

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
27,938 Posts
Are the tail lights working? Have you pulled the connector apart and looked at the terminals of that wire?
Also, what year is it? I can't find that a brown/white wire goes through a 20 pin blue connector in any year.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about that, it is a 2003, the brown/white wire is in the 20p blue connector going into the back of the combination meter on the right side if you are sitting on it. i have pulled it apart to check voltage, wasn't getting any. My tail lights are NOT working, didn't realize this till just now. (Had to run down the the garage to check) I didn't check for blown fuses because I couldn't find and mention of them in connection to the combination meter. But now with the lack of tail lights, I'm just gonna check 'em all. Thanks for pointing me in a new direction guys, I'll let you all know what I find...

5 min later....

Argh! That was it. Fuse for the tail lights. First one I checked. Have to keep telling myself "Simplest solution first" (But why are the guages powered through the tail light fuse?)

·
Administrator
27,938 Posts
Argh! That was it. Fuse for the tail lights. First one I checked. Have to keep telling myself "Simplest solution first" (But why are the guages powered through the tail light fuse?)

Sounds like a good plan to me, gauges go out, check your tail lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.