Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I wrote about excessive dust/ soot all over the rear end after all rides. Turns out the soot was brake dust from the rear. Pads wore out in only 2500 miles. New sintered pads are not creating dust like that of the EB pads. Live and learn. :waving::gunhead:

·
Premium Member
546 Posts
imported post

What type of pads did you have that wore out in only 2500 miles? Is it possible you had a caliper stuck?

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I believe they were EB pads I bought on E Bay. Could be the caliper was sticking. Not now. Never noticed a drag.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

rresh wrote:
I wrote about excessive dust/ soot all over the rear end after all rides. Turns out the soot was brake dust from the rear. Pads wore out in only 2500 miles. New sintered pads are not creating dust like that of the EB pads. Live and learn. :waving::gunhead:
Did you ride with your foot on the brake pedal as my pads go more than 25000. My original 1800 did 40000 before changing pads and they still had wear left. :(

·
Administrator
26,977 Posts
imported post

I used to get that too and thought it was exhaust soot but it went away when I went to the dark side, still on the original rear brake pads.

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
imported post

2500 miles on a GL1800 is unusually low mileage even for EBC pads, that's the lowest I've ever heard of. You might have had a piston sticking and freed it up when fitting the new pads, but it might be a good idea to visually check the remaining pad material after say 800 miles just to be sure they aren't wearing as quickly as the previous set.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.