Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
He was released from the scene and Police don't know if He "May" face charges??????

Really?? I would start with attempted vehicle man slaughter if there is such a thing.....

If that was a LEO it would be attempt manslaughter or at least assault with a deadly weapon.......

Why do these people just get to walk??

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update...

https://www.vicpd.ca/media/media-releases/2013/vicpd-seeking-witnesses-prior-serious-collision

Thursday, July 25, 2013
File # 13-29418

VicPD Seeking Witnesses Prior to Serious Collision

Victoria BC – VicPD is looking for witnesses to the events leading up to yesterday’s serious motorcycle collision that occurred at Odgen Point.

Investigators now want to speak to anyone who may have seen the SUV or motorcycle prior to entering Odgen point. Officers are looking to
see if there was any interaction between the driver of the motorcycle and the SUV.

The collision sent a 55-year-old Central Saanich man to hospital with life-threatening injuries and closed areas of Odgen Point for the day.
The CRASH team spent the day analyzing the scene and looking for evidence.

The investigation continues and officers will spend the next weeks and months combing over evidence and interviewing everyone involved.

If you did see anything, or have any information on this incident, please contact VicPD at 250-995-7654 or Crime Stoppers at
1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He was released from the scene and Police don't know if He "May" face charges??????

Really?? I would start with attempted vehicle man slaughter if there is such a thing.....

If that was a LEO it would be attempt manslaughter or at least assault with a deadly weapon.......

Why do these people just get to walk??
I thought the same things. I got an answer to the question on another forum...It sounds like a good answer to me but idk

I have no clue as to Canadian laws But here ,,in a life threatening crash the officer should never jump to a charge in case the investigation proves a more serious charge is warranted. If the officer charges the suv with reckless driving and the biker then dies from his injuries a good defense atty, will have his client quickly pay the reckless driving ticket which prohibits another charge for the same incident being filed such as vehicle manslaughter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.