Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi everyone,

My new (second hand) GL1800 came without an Owners Manual. (The handbook that is supposed to come with the bike)

Does anyone know if I can download one for free from the web? I have found sites where I can buy one, but if possible would prefer not to have to pay. Especially since I bought a Goldwing yesterday and am feeling particularly skint at the moment.:(

If anyone knows where i can get one I would be most grateful.

Chris:bowing:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have not seen anywhere where one can download an owners manual. Kit

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
I have not seen anywhere where one can download an owners manual. Kit
Thanks Kit. I am slowly coming to the same conclusion. They seem to be available for all other models but not the 1800:stumped::stumped::stumped:

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Download the manual on the web, they can be downloaded from lots of places.

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

I believe he's looking for an "Owner's" manual.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

chiefcherokee wrote:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum9/21054.html

Many manuals for the various Goldwing models available for free download through the generosity of one of our members.
This is an awesome site, I had found it already and have downloaded the service manual for my bike, but unfortunately no owners manual for the 1800 there.

C

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Thank you everyone for your efforts. I think I am going to have to resign myself to parting with more of my hard earned cash for one.

:X

C

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

Something to consider is to just get an service manual, or download one and maybe copy a few pages out of it to keep on the bike, such as the fuse and relay panels and a few important things like that that can help on a roadside emergency.

Actually the owners manual is very basic. It simply says this is a motorcycle and this is the front wheel and this is the back wheel and here is where you put the oil. :)

It has a section in it showing you the controls, a lot of cautions, how to contact Honda, a maintenance chart showing required maintenance and a few things important such as how to remove the wheels, but it is very basic. It is small though to carry in the bike, but a service manual and a bit of reading it, and to copy some important stuff like the fuse box and the trouble shooting section would be of a lot more help.

Kit

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

I know what you mean Kit, and I am not really expecting much from it. It would be nice to have one though, just to complete the bike if nothing else. Also useful would be the section on what various warning lights mean etc.

Maybe my quest is at an end. I have been on to the dealer I bought from today and I am reassured by them that they will send me one. So hopefully will have one in a few days:cool:

C

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

Hi Chris ,if the dealer does not deliver on his promise ,let me know ,I think I may have one .I just have to start digging in my shed to look for it :DCiaran

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

wexy wrote:
Hi Chris ,if the dealer does not deliver on his promise ,let me know ,I think I may have one .I just have to start digging in my shed to look for it :DCiaran
This really is a site full of very friendly people. Many many thanks Ciaran, I will let you know how I get on.

C

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

Good news folks, I have received my handbook from the dealer today. Thanks to everyone for your efforts, and special thanks to the two members who very generously offered me their own books.

:cooler::bowing:

C

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.