Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a 2006 Goldwing GL 1800 and just yesterdayreceived a recall noticeregarding apossible secondary master cylinder problem that may cause the rear brake to drag. When I read this I suddenly thought about the occasional hot smell I detect from the rear tire area. Not overwhelming but certainly discernable at times. I've smelt it off and on since the bike was new. It dawned on me that this smell may be part of this recall problem. Anyone else get this smell ocasionally?

Also, if indeedone's bike is affected wouldn't this problem alsowear the rear pads prematurely and if so you'd think Honda should replace them as well.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

I have a 2006 Goldwing GL 1800 and just yesterdayreceived a recall noticeregarding apossible secondary master cylinder problem that may cause the rear brake to drag. When I read this I suddenly thought about the occasional hot smell I detect from the rear tire area. Not overwhelming but certainly discernable at times. I've smelt it off and on since the bike was new. It dawned on me that this smell may be part of this recall problem. Anyone else get this smell ocasionally?

Also, if indeedone's bike is affected wouldn't this problem alsowear the rear pads prematurely and if so you'd think Honda should replace them as well.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
imported post

Yea, Got mine in the mail yesterday also. I have been aware of the recall for a couple months now. There is a couple other threads about it around here.

Randy

·
Premium Member
796 Posts
imported post

If the brakes are sticking because of the recall problem, the dealers will replace all affected/damaged parts including brake rotor and pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.