Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a riding buddy that had his top box stop lights wig wag back and forth by installing a 3 prong car flasher under his seat somewhere. Its been so long scince it was done he cant tell me how to do it. He lives too far away to look under his seat[he is usually on it]and I was hoping one of ya,ll might have a clue asto how he did it . Any help at all will be appreciated Emmett

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

[align=center]

[/align]
[align=center]Welcome egmonks[/align]
[align=center]Someone should be along[/align]
[align=center]soon to help out.[/align]
[align=center]Personally never heard of [/align]
[align=center]that one, using a flasher[/align]

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

About 4 years ago my buddy gave me a printout of the circuitry and where to tie in the flasher.So I ran to Wal Mart and got one in the clearance isle.The flasher has been rolling around my work car since then and I cant find the printout. I know enough to be a danger to myself but have to try anyway. You cant get too many lights on a wing. Remember...Its all about the ride.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

About 4 years ago my buddy gave me a printout of the circuitry and where to tie in the flasher.So I ran to Wal Mart and got one in the clearance isle.The flasher has been rolling around my work car since then and I cant find the printout. I know enough to be a danger to myself but have to try anyway. You cant get too many lights on a wing. Remember...Its all about the ride.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

If your 1800 is 2006 and older you canbuy a wiring harness from Electrical Connections which will allow you to use the top box lights as turn lights and brake lights. If the green wire is cut in the harness the turn signals will wig wag. Here is a link with a photo of the results and the how to. John

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242460

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
imported post

Wow, my 1989 GL1500 does exactly the same thing, but i have no idea at all how.

PO installed it (actually PO's PO. The bike is a US Import). Something to delve into during the winter lay-up.

Dave.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Johnboy.. Thanks for the info.It isnt exactly what I was looking for. I want the inner brake lights to wig wag with the outer brake lights when the brakes are applied.The lower brake lights remain normal.My trailor lights are all triggered by the lower stop and turn lights so we dont want to mess with that.But your info about the electrical connections harness may prove to be a possible solution if used incorrectly.Any way to get out of paying 40 or 50 bucks for a modulator . or am I just being too cheap :)

·
Registered
313 Posts
imported post

There isn't a modulator for the rear wig wag brake - turn signal lights. All I purchased was the wiring harness and cut the wire as per instructions. There is a modulator available if you wantto spend the money.I know Fatwing Chris installed a modulator type system for his GL1500. He does wiring installations for the Ontario Provincial Police cruisers.You could PM him if you want more info. John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.