Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have read this tecnical forum for a long time and it was a long time ago since I saw that somebody had a minor problem with his GL 1800.

The conclusion must be that the GL 1800 is the best bike in the world

Ain´t I right?

Thomas / Sweden

:18blue:

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
imported post

No such thing as the best bike in the world, but the GL1800 has to be the best Goldwing so far.

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

Thomas wrote:
I have read this tecnical forum for a long time and it was a long time ago since I saw that somebody had a minor problem with his GL 1800.

Ain´t I right?

Thomas / Sweden

That may lead me to conclude that the 1800 is the newest wing version.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I second what Hawker said. The 1800 is the newest, not neccessarily the best. In terms of structural integrity I think it's the worst Goldwing, only because of its problems with frame cracking. Every bike has its good points and bad points.

Other than that the 1800 is a great bike, but so are many of the bikes made right now.

The best bike for me is whatever I'm riding, because riding is what I love to do.

·
Registered
517 Posts
imported post

I ahve heard of overheating and cracking frame problems with the 1800. are all these problems fixed? Has anyone had a continuing problem with either? (I'm thinking of mmoving to an 1800 but these problems got me a little spooked.)

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

The :18red:is the best touring m/cycle that Honda has ever built, :clapper:none of the previous Honda models come next or near to her capabilities :weightlifter:and allof the other pretenders :stumped: bmw, hd,etc etc are only playing catch up. :chopper:And now look what the '06 :18red:has to offer. :band:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

cldryder wrote:
I ahve heard of overheating and cracking frame problems with the 1800. are all these problems fixed? Has anyone had a continuing problem with either? (I'm thinking of mmoving to an 1800 but these problems got me a little spooked.)
I think the main problem with the 1800 now is with the riders overheating when bragging and continuously cracking a smile!

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

If you have GL1800, then its the best Wing in the world for you at the time. Same applies if you have a GL1500 or any other Goldwing. Just enjoy what you have while you canboys. :waving:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

this is my first wing(05 1800) I feel it is the best for touring,though the new bmw s 1200 are close.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

goldwingsilver2005 wrote:
this is my first wing(05 1800) I feel it is the best for touring,though the new bmw s 1200 are close.
Hey goldwingsilver2005 :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:

Im afraid your getting your wires crossed :baffled:comparing the bmw1200s with the :18red::stumped: The :18red:is a luxury Touring M/Cycle. That other bike you mention is the newsports bike from that stable,which is in the same class as theR1, R6, hayabusa, etc etc,and voted even faster andbetter. :crying:

:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
imported post

Thomas wrote:

Ain´t I right?

Thomas / Sweden

Now Thomas, it is not only the best but better when fitted with "Bridgestones" (Redwing do I gain anything from this). :waving:I have had a 1800 since 2001, in fact possibly the first sold in Australia. :weightlifter:The bike has never suffered from any of the problems (touch wood) that are listed for this model. It does not matter what brand, they all have some problems now and then. :cool:The other bike mentioned has a recall on diffs and brakes.:baffled:

Get the best and ride the best you will not be disappointed.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

globetrotter wrote:
Now Thomas, it is not only the best but better when fitted with "Bridgestones" (Redwing do I gain anything from this). :waving:I have had a 1800 since 2001, in fact possibly the first sold in Australia. :weightlifter:The bike has never suffered from any of the problems (touch wood) that are listed for this model. It does not matter what brand, they all have some problems now and then. :cool:The other bike mentioned has a recall on diffs and brakes.:baffled:

Get the best and ride the best you will not be disappointed.
Hey globetrotter :waving: Yes full marks for BRIDGESTONES. :clapper:My neighbour had his :18red:recalled a couple of weeks ago for the checks :skipping:and returned by Honda UKwith everything stamped 100% correct.

This :18red:has never giving any trouble since new.

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.