Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow riders, Im currently working on a 76 gl1000 but I'm having issues with the wiring. I'm currently in possession of two frames that have been taken down to the engine only. I got them from a friend with no patience and no idea what he was doing. He. Scattered parts all over the garage. Today I installed everything but the wiring harness. I've been looking at a wiring diagram I found on Google images. There is a green wire that connects to almost every component but on the right side it just stops. I'm thinking this is a ground wire but unsure. Also on my harness I found a green wire around the left side of the false gas tank towards the radiator. Does this wire connect to the frame because it has an eye hole as if it would be attached on a bolt in-between a nut. The harness has been cut up and is a little confusing. I really just want to find out if the b ike will even run. I'm thinking this wire wound need to be grounded just to run the componets if I were to only connect the bare minimum just to hear her pur. Please help as this is the website I got all recent info just by reading others forums.

·
Administrator
28,081 Posts
Yes the solid green is a ground wire. Bolt the eyelet to the nearest bolt on the frame that it will fit. Not sure on the 1000 but I think it is supposed to go on the coil bracket. Be sure to scrape any paint or rust off to insure good contact.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
Coil bolt does have a ground wire on it..:)!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks everyone but I'm still having problems. I posted a new thread if u don't mind checking it out. No fuel no spark... please help if anyone can. I want to upload photos but it only gives me the option to upload from a computer and I'm on my phone and no access to a comp. Close by. Sorry... thanks so much for replying so quickly. I seriously posted 10 or so last night and when I woke up I already had responses... awesome guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.