Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people,
Does the crank case elbow attached to my breather hose on the crank case come off. Can't seem to get it to budge.any help would be appreciated.

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Why are you trying to remove it? Is it damaged?

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to replace it with one that's straight up to put an aftermarket crank case breather on.I found a nice one on eBay for 7 bucks and I have a vw carb on my wing and don't need the breather hose anymore.so does it screw out or what?

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
For my money looking at mine I would say it's not a screw in. As to removing it completely I would say your best option so as to reduce possible work would be to Mod the elbow to make it straight up by cutting just below the joint and tap a thread to the vertical part that's left. For my money I gather the aftermarket breather vents I have seen are mostly snap on. If yours is so then a thread won't help. Fabricating a shoulder to this bit for a snap on fitting would be hard.

If this were mine mind I would just mod the hose with an elbow backwards to take the hose out the back of the swing arm and vent to the ground by the wheel.

The original function of the hose was to use the crankcase pressure to give the air mixture some extra welly. As you say you don't need this so in essence your effort to this area should be only the minimum needed to cap it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.