1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK tokeep it short..

Carbs are rebuilt, floats are leveled,

Can a bad fuel pump send too much gas thru and flood the carbs?

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

I doubt that. You will probably find a float or needle stuck. Try tapping the float bowls to free them.

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

:waving::waving::waving:

Welcome to the forum

Are you talking about a stock fuel pump or aftermarket???????????:?

You probably need to work on the floats some more.:cheesygrin:

Fun,,Fun,, Fun...........:byebye:

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
imported post

not likely friend, that fuel pump doesnt put out more than about 3 or 4 psi. i would look at the tank cap for not venting if you are really sure the carbs are right, before you can be sure the carbs are right though you will need to put them on a test first, an external pump running for an hour or so will tell the tale

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thanks guys.. I wish I could just send the carbs off to someone who knows what the jell they're doing and not spend an arm and a leg. No shop around Illinois wants to touch anything this old

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

Just make sure floats are adjusted properly

Use Honda manual/Randakk proceedure.

It will work............ ;)

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

"Quick" check can be done on the bike but easier on your bench..take drain plugs out "screw" in some 1/4" clear tubing to each. About5 a foot long tie tubes up above the carb bodies..fill the carbs with gas the gas should only rise in the tubes to just below the lip of the bowls.

if on the bike it must be on level ground and level if on the bench level the carbs using a level across the plenum//both ways. IF above bad float or float needle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.