Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I know you can help me because my husband always comes here for all his goldwing questions and you haven't failed him yet!

So here's my silly wifey question.

I would like to get my husband a pair of engine guards for Christmas. He's mentioned several times that he'd love a second pair like the ones on his 1979 Goldwing to go on his newly rebuilt naked 1978 goldwing.

Here's my description for you. They are two separate pieces, shiny, and when you look at one head on it kind of looks like half a heart -lol. (that narrows it down doesn't it) Oh and they don't stick out very far at all.

I think I might have found some on Ebay, but I'm not real great at recognizing motorcycle parts - hence my member name . I've been out to the garage 5 times already to try and compare. And I'm confident they're the same, but I'd like a second opinion before I click the buy button.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me if the ebay engine guards are the same as the ones on his '79?

I'm attaching a photo from the ebay listing and two photos from his bike. (atleast I hope I'm am. I'm super new to this whole forum thing.)

THANK YOU!!! Goldwingers are awesome!!

Attachments

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Welcome to the forum blondewing
They should fit, just be sure and ask the seller questions like any scratches and what year they are off of.
If those pics are all from the listing, there are 2 different types of foot rests shown, 1st is foot pegs and the mounted 2 are floorboards.

·
Other side of the pond
3,409 Posts
Welcome to the forum blondewing. Those guards look right, but it can be hard to tell. Can you post the ebay link so we can have a look at the description?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
Welcome:waving:blondewing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you!!

You guys are great! Just goes to show that my mom was right, "There are good people where ever you go!" (even in cyberspace)

Thank you newday777! I appreciate you giving me that extra boost of confidence that I was ordering the right thing.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
You have a good find there. Keep him happy!

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Welcome Blondewing! Your husband is pretty lucky to have you. Do you have a sister who's single by any chance?? :grin:

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Welcome BlondeWing, Yes you sound like a Keeper to me also.

Good Luck and Enjoy.

And Wildman... I was thinking the same thing.

Mohawk

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
She is a keeper for sure. Sorry Wildman and Mohawk but her only sister is married. :(

Thanks for helping her out. The bars are the exact Hondaline set that I've been looking for and are in great shape for their age.

Mana for all! Oh wait... Well Mana anyways :)

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Good to hear you are satisfied! Merry Christmas!

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
We finally got warm weather were I could go out to the garage and get these mounted. They look awesome. There is a reason that they are hard to find. They are one of the only sets that actual look good and not like Mad Max.

There are tons more pictures on my blog. Too see them follow the link below.

Thanks again all.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.