Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK, here is a new one. I pulled my starter motor out today to clean it. I put it back in and was careful to get all the wires back in the right place. Now when I start the bike, the engine runs backwards. When I put it in gear, it wants to go in reverse. So I have 5 reverse gears and no forwards. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
imported post

you are a lucky one, everyone want's a bike the goes in reverse, it's a cool thing.
and sorry i know nothing

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

Thats a good one. I used to push start my 2 stroke in reverse but it was rather hard to ride that way. :action:

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,710 Posts
imported post

April Fools :cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
imported post

This is a very rare problem, you need to check your thermo nuclear inductor, you will find this next to the fufu valve adjacent to the sky hook retainer.

If this does not help, open a beer and have a good 1st of April.

Take care.

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
22,588 Posts
imported post

Hey Gofast.

From what I've read, this can only happen with the 6 cylinder wings. The ones factoryequipped with reverse.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
imported post

Well, folks ...

It must happen, that you reached the equatorial twist. It's like with the swirl in the bathtub, that turns in different ways on the northern or southern hemisphere.

So there is only one solution.
Sit on your bike, and drive backwards south until you reach the equator. There it'll change, and you'll have 5 forward gears again.

The only downturn: You have to stay somewhere faaaaaaaar South.

:)

·
Premium Member
2,032 Posts
imported post

You may well laugh at this threadbut, my mate back in the late seventies, had a 250cc CZ and when he used to blip the throttle it would send the engine into reverse, put it in first gear and clutch out and ride backwards, how bizarre it was :shock:

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
imported post

Are you sure you're not sitting on the bike backwards?:p

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

robb allen wrote:
This is a very rare problem, you need to check your thermo nuclear inductor, you will find this next to the fufu valve adjacent to the sky hook retainer.
If not those check the flux capacitor or the hose stretcher

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

:waving:Synthetic oil always causes an engine to run backwards. This is a known fact. I suggest a fresh oil change, that will cure it.:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::leprechaun::clapper::clapper::)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

What you need to do is to sit on the front fender and start the bike ,then with a full stretch of your right leg ,bang it into gear and just as it is about to take off in reverse ,jump off the front fender and jump on the bike the right way round on the saddle and the bike will be so confused it will change direction and run forward and hey presto ,problem solved ,it happend to me last april as well :shock::shock::shock:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

Crezz wrote:
You may well laugh at this threadbut, my mate back in the late seventies, had a 250cc CZ and when he used to blip the throttle it would send the engine into reverse, put it in first gear and clutch out and ride backwards, how bizarre it was :shock:
i used to have a francis barnett 2 stroke back in the late 60's. that ocassionally went backwards when put in gear, a deseign fault by villiers

·
Registered
583 Posts
imported post

You beat me to it Redneck I had the same problem with a fanny B, you never knew if you would go forward or back wards.

Nick
Welsh Winger

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

The switch up on the dash next to the air conditioner controller is in the wrong direction. Switch it back and it should run the right way.

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
imported post

I think your bike has the 4-01-09 virus that is going around. Run a virus killer:)

·
Premium Member
1,169 Posts
imported post

You got the wrong kind a battery, throw that think away now befor it blows up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
imported post

when you cleaned the starter, you accidently hit the Aussie switch, which causes the starter to work as it would in the southeren hemosphere. You need to pull the starter and reset the Aussie switch by walking backward around the bike counter clockwise while singing Waltzing Matilda.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.