Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm in the process of finishing up my bike. The previous owner had it down to bare frame and i was stuck with the fun part. My problem is I'm having trouble wiring the front end. I've got a colored wiring diagram but some of my wires are not shown on it.

First picture shows a grey wire, white/green stripe and a brown/red stripe. No clue where these go..

Second picture i believe the orange and the blue to be left and right turn signals but there is a brown wire behind them that i dont know where it belongs.

last are these two wires. One is white/black stripe and the other is black/brown stripe. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. Im not really good with wiring diagrams in the first place. Maybe one of you has pictures of these wires connected so i can see where to connect mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
Heres a pic of where im at now. Still needs paint (obvoiusly)

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

do you have your horns hooked up? maybe few are for them. two wires each side

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

do you have your horns hooked up? maybe few are for them. two wires each side

·
Premium Member
3,313 Posts
imported post

I believe that brown is the color for tail lights and possibly other lighting.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

from where i see wire dangle, thats only thing i can think of

·
Premium Member
629 Posts
imported post

im almost 100% sure the green wires are for the horns as far as the rest i dont know

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

thanks guys. I just got home from work and am going to make my way out to the garage. i'll update my progress if any

·
Administrator
26,175 Posts
imported post

There are going to be some wires that are not connected to anything. I can't find my GL1000 color diagram so the easiest thing is to find what doesn't work, if anything and go from there.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

The brown/ red, white/green and gray are for the turn signal buzzer.

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
imported post

I've never seen a white/black. Possibly black/white?

Honda is very systematicwith their wiring.

ALMOST without exception......

Red-Battery source

Black-Ignition source

Brown-Lighting

Green- Ground

Green/yellow-Brakes

Orange and Light Blue-Turns

The black with a white is an ignition source. I believe it is the one for the coils/and or the ballast resistor. The black/brown is part of the start circuitc (starter switch or kill switch) and also part of the ignition ballast.

Your orange and Light Blue are for the turns. Your bike appears to be a 79, so you should also have orange/white and Light Blue/white for front poser lights. Check your front turn signalsfor double element sockets.

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Okay. I think i've got it figured out. Hooked up turn signals and they work. I left the grey, white/green and brown/red out because i don't want a turn signal buzzer. As far as the black/white and black/brown, i didnt do anything with them because my kill switch works. If they're supposed to be connected, I cant find anything to connect them to.? Let me know if this is going to be a problem and thanks a lot for your help guys. Also my headlight isn't working either but I traced the problem back to the high/low beam switch. Its getting a bad connection so i'm gonna need a new switch. So if anyone's got one for sale, i'll probably buy it from ya.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.