Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am tryimg to remove the tank from my gl1000 and the manual stated it can be removed from the top, the only way I can sen is to remove the rear wheel. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
imported post

That is correct. You may have to take parts of the rear fender off and the brake pedal as well.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

All the 4 cylinder Wings are the same in that the tanks come out the rear, after the wheel and swingarm are removed first.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

The GL1000 tank does NOT come out of the top!

The swingarm does NOT need to come off.

It comes out of the rear after removing the rear wheel, fender, plastic inner fender, rear brake and master cylinder, battery box, and the fuel petcock.

The fake tank framemust beloosened enough to lift it over the refueling neck while pulling the tank out through the rear. The bolts are toward the bottom (I think 4 of them).

After removing all of the above and the mounting bolt, gently work it out with a side-to-side and up-and-down motion while moving wires and hoses out of the way. Don't forget to loosen the wires going to the sender on top of the tank.

Marco,

Ashland, OR

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

Thank you for the info. I have a leak comming down the back inner fender, and I think it is either the hose or the connection to the tank. Old 75 gl. Hey, want to come up to Everett and take out a tank for me?:cheeky1::shock:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

sourmug22 wrote:
Hey, want to come up to Everett and take out a tank for me?:cheeky1::shock:
I have since moved to New Mexico... a little far :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.