Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Okie,so im doing a Rustelco treatment on my 75 gl1000 gas tank.I lose the gas cap and have no idea where it went.

I tried to get from two local honda dealers.One dealer sayed he had no idea where to get one in usa.Other dealers says its discontinued.

Has anyone ever found one that could be cross referenced from automotive to work on the Gl1000?

I went to local bent bike place.But it was like a needle in a haystackand couldnt find one.

I saw one on ebay.it looked pretty crusty.Decided against that one.

Btw Mr Kramer,thanks for the rustelco link.That stuff took out 99% of the rust from the gas tank..

Other than the off idle flat spot the gl1000 runs perfect now.Synced carbs,did split timing per Randakks site.Once i get the flat spot problem cured im going to love this bike.

thanks,Buckethead

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks a bunch.Ive been avoiding bike Bandit all these years.The Name Bandit says it all.But thats an acceptable price as Babbits Honda listed a new on for $17.65.
Thanks,Im on it.
Buckethead

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

I know for a fact that Motorcycle Pete, a member from on here, has used Bike Bandit countless times and they are far from, what their name may imply. he has had success with early Wing parts and ST1100 ones for the bike he keeps here with us in England.

:waving:

·
Premium Member
6,947 Posts
imported post

I swear by Bike Bandit. Sometimes the part is a little more expensive than some of the online dealers, but their shipping is BY FAR cheaper. You do end up saving money in the long run.

Mike

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with MD and the others above, I have always had good luck with what ever I have purchased from Bike Bandit.

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Wwill a cap off of a 1980 GL1100 Work? If so, you can have it. Just pm me if it does.
Nightrider1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.