Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I'm happy to be registered on here. I was able to use the advice given by other members to solve the problems with GL1000. So here's the problem. I have taken a GL1000 engine and have put it in an EZ-GO golf cart everything's mounted it's just been getting it running which is the problem. I replaced a few parts and she runs good except for a few issues. She only runs at full choke you can rev it and it will die shortly later. I ran a compression check and she's reading at 120 psi on cylinders 1,2, and 4. But on cylinder 3 she reading about 90. Not really sure where to go from here. I did a carb rebuild and that helped. My buddy said the valves might need to be adjusted. I was debating on running some sea foam through it as well seeing as the bike sat for almost 3 years. If you have any ideas please let me know. Thanks y'all

·
Administrator
27,932 Posts
You are going to have to go into the carbs again, the idle circuits are still clogged. The idle jets are covered by a rubber plug and a lot of people miss them. The compression is low but will likely improve after the engine has been ran some. Of course the valve adjustment should be checked as well as the points and timing. The timing belts should also be replaced, hate to see you destroy a good engine to save $30.

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts
improper valve adj in itself can cause low compression readings

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.