Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

replace fuses & large lighting box, and large resistor still nothing ? on 75 wing

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

Hi Guy, do the dash lights work? Does the high beam work? Do you have the wiring diagram?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
imported post

Have you wiggled the key in the ignition switch? Might be dirty or loose/worn contact inside.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

no but i have done everything else just dosent make and since everything was perfect

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

I also just noticed that it is not charging the battery but i do have a lot of a/c volts coming from the stator thank god for that

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

have dash lights no power to the fuse for the head lamp no high beam also not charging battery but have volts coming from stator

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
imported post

i have several spair parts for it are they any good ? next going to change the rectifier

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

I have been restoring this old goldwing for several months and everything has been going well , till i started put items back on this bike , i check for pinch wires i lost my headlamp and tail lamp and not charging all at once but the stator is putting out like it should i also dont have and power to the headlamp fuse box . if anyone has come across this before please help i have change several items but it is still the same

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Check voltages before shotgunning parts. If the bike starts and runs your regulator is probably good. Check voltage to ground at the fuse block. The resistor you replaced is for the ignition. It is in play when the bike is running to reduce voltage to the points/coils. It is cut out of the circuit when you start the bike to give the full voltage to facilitate quicker starts.

I'm going to look up a wiring diagram for you.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

Check voltages before shotgunning parts. If the bike starts and runs your regulator is probably good. Check voltage to ground at the fuse block. The resistor you replaced is for the ignition. It is in play when the bike is running to reduce voltage to the points/coils. It is cut out of the circuit when you start the bike to give the full voltage to facilitate quicker starts.

I'm going to look up a wiring diagram for you.

Hobie

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

I am missing power at the head lamp fuse and the tail lamp fuse all the rest have 11.8 volts

·
Administrator
27,899 Posts
imported post

Never mind, I see you already have another thread going on this.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

i found a wiring diagram for the 75 wing and it shows the headlight power goes though the starter switch HUMMMM then i thought about it and that is why the headlight goes out when you push the button , since my start switch fell apart thats why everything got screwed up pass this along never would have figured this

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

how did you do that i have a hard time time finding my way home ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, when i am on my bike !!

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
imported post

if your bike is the wineberry red hope you never have to paint it BIG BUCKS i am painting a 1100 shadow right now candy wineberry red $220 for everything you need thtas 1/2 pints of base and paint

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.