Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did a quick search but didn't see anything specific to my question.
Anyone know if gl1000 side hardbags will bolt up to a gl1100?

Found some on Cl, & I'd like to know if it would work before I spend the cash.

Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
What are they exacly? The Hondaline suitcases?
If you PM me the C/L link so I can see them, I might be able to answer better.
I won't buy them out from under you. ... :)

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
1000s did not come with luggage or fairings, anything they had was added on. Anyway the answer is no, they will not bolt on without modifications.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
1000s did not come with luggage or fairings, anything they had was added on. Anyway the answer is no, they will not bolt on without modifications.
So, the optional Hondaline suitcases on my 1000 are what; meant for something else? A meaningless point Dave.
How do you know that the mounting locations are different from a 1000 to a 1100? Have you tried to mount the Hondaline frames to a 1100?

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
So, the optional Hondaline suitcases on my 1000 are what; meant for something else? A meaningless point Dave.
How do you know that the mounting locations are different from a 1000 to a 1100? Have you tried to mount the Hondaline frames to a 1100?

I know things a lot of people don't even suspect. ;)

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
I beleive it.
Would be nice to know if the 1000 Hondaline luggage frames would fit a standard 1100.
...be nice to know exactly what this fella is talking about too.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
I have a set of Sigma panniers/ saddlebags and top box that are designed to fit either the GL1000 or the GL1100. The mounting brackets swivel to fit various bikes.
What I don't know is if they were a brand that were sold in America. I have had two sets and they were both purchased in the UK.

So there definitely are brands that will fit either, just saying. :bow:

If anyone gets a set they are really great boxes and frames.

I have my set for sale but obviously only in the UK.

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
I have a set of bags and mounts (cutter brand) that were originally on a 1000 fitted to my 1100. I had to modify the brackets to make them work, rebending brackets and drilling different holes so I suppose the answer is yes and no.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.