Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I bought my first goldwing a few weeks ago and love it. The previous owner took great care of it. The only thing I am having a problem with is the rear brake pedal siezed up and he took the master cylinder off. I fixed the brake pedal. (took it of and took some emry cloth and grease to it) but the previous owner lost the master cylinder. My question is do you know a good oem or after market cylinder to use. Preferably after market so I can save a little money.

78 gl1000

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I might have one in unknown condition. I will check and see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I managed to find one on eBay for $25. But I will definitely be rebuilding it before it goes on my bike.

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I finally uncovered the partial frame I have. I have a rear master cylinder if you need it.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
As I think about it, you can find in their store some brand new high quality japanese brake hoses, coming in front + rear kits for the K3.

http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail.php?pid=&product_id=346

They're cheap, compared to honda's (some are not even available anymore, like the rear one), they're absolutely conform to the origin, and will increase your breaking ability and safety.

Also check your calipers when you're at it, never funny to get a stucked piston, trust me on that point...:(

--> brakes completely rebuilt (Front & rear, hoses +MC kits + caliper kits) for about 130$ max, and they'll last for ages now.

Hope it'll work well for you

PS : An interesting point is those hoses were developped with the great lord Randall Washington, aka Randakks. Quality gage!! :grin:

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,703 Posts
As I think about it, you can find in their store some brand new high quality japanese brake hoses, coming in front + rear kits for the K3.

http://www.siriusconinc.com/pro-detail.php?pid=&product_id=346

They're cheap, compared to honda's (some are not even available anymore, like the rear one), they're absolutely conform to the origin, and will increase your breaking ability and safety.

Also check your calipers when you're at it, never funny to get a stucked piston, trust me on that point...:(

--> brakes completely rebuilt (Front & rear, hoses +MC kits + caliper kits) for about 130$ max, and they'll last for ages now.

Hope it'll work well for you

PS : An interesting point is those hoses were developped with the great lord Randall Washington, aka Randakks. Quality gage!! :grin:

I looked at that link and it is a Canadian vendor:

Sirius Consolidated Inc.
44 Saltsman Dr Ste 8
Cambridge Business Park
Cambridge, Ontario N3H 4R7

It just earned a bookmark here.

Just as a curiosity item, I found this on their "skull skins" page.

This ought to get some comments if worn sans the helmet.

Looking back at you matey!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Yep, Siriusconinc's products are really good quality, and that's a real pleasure to deal with them : they answer mail quick, ship fast in a nice packaging, and are cheap on most of their parts.

I found them on ebay, but ordering on their site cost 10% less (they told me that after my first order)

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.