Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I received in the mail today a muffler off of a 77 or earlier model Goldwing. With a little cleanup, it will look almost showroom.
My question is, will it fit on a 78. If my memory is correct they changed the mufflers for 78 & 79 to a 2 piece chrome & lengthened the frame a bit. I was hoping for the chrome.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
imported post

it is different, but there are a lot of 75-77 owners that might want it. if you decide to sell how much do you need for it?

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

I want to put the exhaust from my 1200 on my 77 1000. I am glad to see the response here that the 78 is longer, my 1200 looked longer just eyeballing it up. I think I can cut it shorter. I guess the worst thing would be having to TIG weld it a bit. I suppose I will save that job for when I get around to puttin the EFI on the bike. Will need to pull the motor to degree cams and TDC the motor anyway. Be a lot easier messing with it then!

Tom

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
it is different, but there are a lot of 75-77 owners that might want it. if you decide to sell how much do you need for it?

I have a friend who may want the muffler. If not it will sure be for sale here

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

scotterichmond wrote:
Double post Sorry, feel free to delete!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
imported post

1100 pipes bolt on to a '75 (with mods to the crossover) so I think it'll fit. Might be "different" but I think it would bolt right on. If it doesn't I'd be interested to know.

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,909 Posts
imported post

The headers on the 75/77 are pointed straight out the back. On the 78/79 they are swept up and out a bit more. I don't think the horseshoe will work without changing the headers also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.