Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I was sold a Napco "11-h1006" carb repair kit.. does anyone know if this is the correct one for my 1978, (1977 manufactured) ie non emmision control) gl1000?

·
Honda Guru
2,043 Posts
imported post

On your desktop click START
then ALL PROGRAMS
then ACCESSORIES
then REMOTE DESKTOP CONNECTION

then in the 'computer' area put: 69.213.66.54
and ENTER

this'll bring up the Honda parts catalog that is used at all dealerships.
Look at the upper left corner there's what looks like a BLUE BOOK. This is the Open Catalog button. Steer your way to your year(s) and model(s). You can compare the stock parts from one year to another.
Good Luck!!

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

Nice resource.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

I believe that is the same as the Service Honda desktop.

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

Well two things add then click communications after accessories and it is the same type catalog seen here:

http://tinyurl.com/69e36f like whisker said

but the above way gives access to all kinds of bikes not just Honda so a good resource

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Nice site, howver, can't figure out if "11-H1006" is the correct Napco kit for my pre-emmison controlled 78 gl1000??
still need help.

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Well I have tried several searches now and I can not figure it out either. All the retailers that sell them just list their own part numers for them not the NAPCO part number.

This is entirely a personal choice and some here will disagree but I would throw them away and buy a randakk kit if it was mine. I know many bikes have been done with Napco and K&L and such but sometimes those kits have been known to have extra parts that do not need changed out and are of questionable quality. Specifically regarding jets and Float valves.

·
Honda Guru
2,043 Posts
imported post

At this point... I have to agree with william_86...
contact http://www.randakks.com/ and get their correct kit. It's probably going to end up being the 77 model carb kits since the law required that emission control START with the 78 models manufactured after Jan 1, 1978. Since you're bike is a pre-78 manufacture date it should go back to 77 specs.
But to be sure contact Randakk.

On the website check 'tech tips' on the home page... there's a host of information!!

·
Premium Member
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

UPDATE:
Well.... My buddy and I reset the floats again the back 2, because they were still soaking the plugs within about 1 minute. just the two plugs for the back carbs. These carbs have the new Napco Needles in them, plus every thing else in site clean as a whistle. AGAIN.... same problem repeated...
That time we set bent the tangs until they were practically closing the needle before gas is introduced. Still same problem.. Sooo I took Napco kit and my carbs to Wings in Okc, where I had purchased the kit, and an extra needle, cause they told me their was not one in the kit. So the last assembly included 1 new set of air jets in one carb, and new gas jets in the other bad one, both with the original seats back in place, and both with the new needles.
STill flooding both plugs and can see too much gas in plenum. Soooo when on bench upside down at wings mechanic, he put gas to it, and the Floats worked great. Mechanic said they looked set a little lean perhaps. YEA we knew we went lean this last time..to be safer. MY Wings boss man said leave them on the bench till monday, he will have someone look at them and see what they can find. And told me not to worry about the money. Call him Monday at 4.
I have read that Gas Jet can flood also???
help..

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
imported post

On my 78 Wing, the plenum gasket failed. It provides the seals for the distribution of fuel through the center of the plenum to each carburetor. If you can see fuel in the plenum it is quite likely the cause. Several aftermarket suppliers beat Mother Honda's price by half. The screws holding the plenum together are loctited in, and were a bear to get out. Be prepared to change them if you strip the heads. Vise grips worked for me if I recall.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.