Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Ok folks I've given up on ever restoring my '77 Wing. And I need money to get my '80 going again. So I've removed some parts from the '77 and here they are for sale. These parts are obviously used, so are not perfect but they are all in serviceable condition. I really want to sell them as one lot, that way I don't have to deal with shipping a bunch of stuff to a bunch of different places. Also all these parts match so It would kind of suck to split them up. I tried to do this all in one post but it got hacked up when I hit send soI had to redo as multiple posts.

The Parts;

Complete Handle Bars with Controls. includes both mirrors (these are theOEM mirrors that are slightly convex), clutch lever and master cylinder along with left and right electrical controls. The Bars have some surface spot rust but I think they will clean up nicely with steel wool ad some polish. The wiring is still run through the bars (which is why I'm selling all of this as one unit.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Complete Gauge Cluster including Ignition Switch. Includes speedo, tach, center pod with "idiot lights", and ignition switch (sorry only have one key). The chrome on the back of the gauges will clean up nicely with some steel wool and some polish. I went at them with a bit of steel wool just to make sure they would clean up but I did not do a complete or thorough job. I forgot to get a picture of the back side of these, you can see in the picture though the the mount for the choke cable is even still attached.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Both Radiator Wings, the painted metal flaps the scoop air into the radiator on each side.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

False Tank Lid with Fuel gauge and latch, the clear coat is almost completely gone on this part, but I think a little rubbing and a new coat is all it really needs. Ignition key fits latch.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

False Tank Side Panels, again these are used and old but the original paint is still intact if not perfect, the Honda tank emblems are still attached and in pretty good condition. Interior stickers intact and legible.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

False Tank End Piece, the thing that goes at the bottom by the seat. Since it is mostly covered by the seat it is in really good shape. I forgot to get a picture of it specifically but you can see it pretty clearly in this picture of one of the side covers.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Both side covers, these are solid with no cracks or missing tabs. The original paint is in no way perfect but they could be used as is. The emblem stickers are still intact.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

As I said I want to sell these as one lot. Sold separately i could probably make $300 to $400 on these parts. I'm asking $250 for the entire lot.

I tried to provide pictures to accurately portray the condition of these parts. What you see is what you get. Other parts may come available in the future but I am not fielding any requests for specific parts other than those listed here.

Willing to negotiate on pricing but not by much. If no one wants to buy them as a single lot I will consider reasonable offers on specific parts but I want to give them a few days as a lot first.

If anyone wants specific picturs of these parts I'll do my best to provide them.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Wow!!! that is one brilliant deal for anyone restoring a GL1000, I am looking around the GL1000 stuff on ebay these days because of my newly aquired Executive and I know that some of those parts go for very good money. All that lot together at $250 is a bargain that is for sure, even taking account of the fact that Wing parts are cheaper in the States than here.

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

WellI haven't teaken anything from there so i would imagine it's still there. Make me an offer...and um...what's it look like?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

mounts on left side, under tank side cover! snaps into metat going thru to glove box area! has a white plug, three mail spades on unit! mine has 7v regulator, 12v dc ,,nippon seike, japan on it ! honda price is $43.00, but can not find! its worth a $20.00 gamble! I will pay U P S ! area code is 32060, fla

·
Village Whack Job...
7,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
imported post

Sounds good to me. I will be over by my garage either thursday or friday. I'll pull it off then. Shipping shouldn;t be to high.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
imported post

sounds good! I drive truck , long haul, if I dont reply rite away! I will get back to you! need e-mail address?

jhuber at windstream dot net

EDIT: reformatted email address to stop spammers

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.