Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only have about 1/4 throttle range after slapping this all back together, caps at about 3-3 1/2k rpm, and for some reason jumps high when I pull my choke. Only have pull cable attached since I can't figure out if/what my push cable is missing, presumably that washer that holds the cable to the assembly. Little bit of backfire when I rev in neutral. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
I will have to ask what you slapped back together?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The carb, put a few things in, gaskets and some of the brass til I buy a legit rebuild from randaks or do the weber conversion

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Single carb on 1500,that might solve a lot of issues people have with the carbs,

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,154 Posts
What size is the gl1000 carb? Like each one, 35mm?
If you are thinking to use one of those for a 1500, it is way too small.

I don't recall ever seeing a 1500 converted to a single carb.
one was converted to Fuel Injection, but that experiment was very costly and did not end well.

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Only have about 1/4 throttle range after slapping this all back together, caps at about 3-3 1/2k rpm, and for some reason jumps high when I pull my choke. Only have pull cable attached since I can't figure out if/what my push cable is missing, presumably that washer that holds the cable to the assembly. Little bit of backfire when I rev in neutral. Any ideas?
Back to the original topic. You must have done something wrong attaching the throttle cables or you just heed to adjust the slack out. It is also possible if you have the carbs apart you might not have got the linkage put back together right. Also don't know what you have going on with the push cable or what washer you might mean. Do you have any pictures?

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
I have friends who are Honest, Respectful truckers.
but the road is so full of new licensed "certified from CDL school" steering wheel holders,
no training in a truck, just a PC screen to answer questions on....
I could tell you some stories about CDLs. I was Grandfathered in. :cool:

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gl1000 still. Does anybody else sell the dual weber conversion that randakk used to offer? Bike is garaged for a few more days with a blown head gasket. Need a solution for the carb though and the dual weber looks awesome

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
What wrong with the stock carbs,they are simple to rebuild,seems like I saw 1500 in your avatar?

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Gl1000 still.
Finally. Nobody knows what you are working on unless you put it in the title of the thread or in the original post. Most just assume it is the one in your signiture line, which in your case is GL1500.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Dave that’s why I asked about the single carbs on 1500,for all trouble the one carb causes in getting it RIGHT,I would just make the OEM carbs work right,just my opinion

·
Registered
2,047 Posts

·
Administrator
26,539 Posts
Gl1000 still. Does anybody else sell the dual weber conversion that randakk used to offer? Bike is garaged for a few more days with a blown head gasket. Need a solution for the carb though and the dual weber looks awesome
You would be better off with the original carbs if you can fix them. It's not rocket science but close.

Reactions: redwing52
1 - 20 of 26 Posts