Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Well my bike stopped starting so I pulled off the starter from the engine while the motor was still in the frame. Then I read in the repair manual telling me not to pull off the starter motor from the engine while in the frame. it says "the starter drive spoket and drive chain will move away from the hole in the engine rear cover and the motor cannot be reinstalled onto these two items"... So having already removed the starter and put it back and bolted it down, will it not work as the warning says. And how will I know if I am totally screwed or if the starter went back into its rightful place. I ask because I suspect that my problem was not the starter in the first place, and if I have to pull the engine to put the starter back in, i am pretty much getting rid of the bike, cause even then I still haven't solved my non start issue
argh
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

no neerd to pull engine starter slips in and out easily. i assume you must have gotten the starter in the sprocket on the chain or you would not have gotten the starter back in. Its best to install starter with bike on sidestand as chain will hang strait down over hole
So what is te problem with the starter anyhow no crank or does it just spin
wilf

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It cranks and I smell gas so I assumed it was okay, but I really don't know much so. I wanted to throw it out there for some advice. Thanks, now I have to solve the other problem or why its not starting:)

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Please explain your probems in more detail. How long you have had the bike and weather it has been rode steady
latley or sat for a long while. there are lot's of nice folks here who can help you with your problems as we have been throw most of them ourselves a time or two. the more information and details the better.
wilf

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.