Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

I guess my subject says it all.. has anyone tried to fit a rear master from a GL1000 to an `80 GL1100? I'm still pretty new to my GL1100 and other than the remote fluid resivour for the 1100, they look like they mount pretty similarly. It seems the gl1000 MC's are much more plentiful (and reasonable)on FleBay, and my rear MC is missing from my '80 Interstate.

Thanks,
Sam.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

It will fit, but be sure and check the condition of the see through white plastic reservoir. they get brittle and crack easily. The mounting tab broke off mine, and I have it zip tied in place right now while I look for another one.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Sorry to be a pain and bring this back up, but if I do go with a MC from a GL1000 on my 1100, will I have to replace the brake line running from the MC to the caliper, or can I just throw a new banjo bolt and washers onto the gl1000 master? My line and caliper are still there, but I noticed that the GL1000's use a metal brake linecoming outof the master cylinder with a different fitting. If a banjo bolt will work,does anyone know thesizebolt I would need for the 1000? or what fittings I would need to adapt to my gl1100 caliper?

Thanks,

Sam.

(Edited for my horrible spelling)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.