Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

i have a 79 gl1000 someone has put 80-82 1100 carbs on it do i need to rejett can anyone help me thanks

·
Administrator
27,786 Posts
imported post

I really doubt rejetting will be necessary. Read the plugs and go from there. There should be a light tan color on the porcelin, if too rich it will be black, too lean it will be white. Adjustment of the idle mixture screws may be all that is needed.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
imported post

DaveO430 wrote:
......Read the plugs and go from there. There should be a light tan color on the porcelin, if too rich it will be black, too lean it will be white. Adjustment of the idle mixture screws may be all that is needed.
This is what I like about this web site. Information is freely given and that spreads the wealth of knowledge about early Goldwings. I had forgotten how to read the plugs, yes it has been that long and I am that old.

I now need more help. Cylinders 1 & 3 look great, #2 is very slightly darker while #4 is a slight bit darker yet. They all look acceptable. However, I would like to lean the left bank slightly.

If I remember correctly, screwing the idle mixture screws out allows more air which leans the mixture. Is that correct? And small movements of the idle mixture screws have great effect on the fuel/air ratio. Is this too correct?

This is one time that I am having one of those CRS moments.

Terry

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
imported post

I got in a conversation with Randak one day and learned that while all idle screws I'd seen before control air, these control fuel. That's probably why they are so sensitive and basically seem to work backwards of what you would expect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.