Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gidday,

I am well under way with the restoration of my 75 Gl100 thanks to a lot of help from members from this site. I have managed to get two spare 75 Wings but as luck would have it none of them have the Resistor for the RLU or the RLU itself. I thought I was missing something off of the inside of the tank and when I checked the book these two things were definately missing. I have a couple of questions that I was hoping some people might be able to answer.

1. The ones for sale on Ebay are from 75 and 76 models. Are these still interchangable?
2. Do I need to get anything else to go with them because I am not sure what the switches plug into?
3. Does anyone have a photo of the faux tank set up with these so I can have a look?

Hopefully the photo I attached worked.
Really hoping someone can help me out. Thank you

Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Fuel line

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Spoke

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I cannot get my head around what the resistor and the rlu plug into though. I cannot tell by the schematic. I don't have anything left on the wiring harness for it to plug into. On something I read and int the worksh manual is says the "4 diodes". I only have two ont the bike. Do you think I could be missing something?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much. I have emailed you my email address. The thing I cannot figure out is where the wire is coming from that has the extra two diodes, the connector for the resistor and the connectors for the rlu. Any idea.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks mate. I have read the info on randacks but the problem is I don't have any wiring to bypass it with. I don't have the rlu's and I don't have the connectors that they plug into. That's what is confusing me.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So back to my original post. That would explain why none of the three bikes I have got have the rlu's or 4 diodes. So I should not bother to try and set it up with the rlu's and just leave it how it is?

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great feedback. At least I can stop searching for the parts and confusing myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.