Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I'm looking for it and cannot find it. Secondary coil max voltage. Anyone know what it is supposed to be rated at with a stock coil set-up?

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
imported post

I can't remember where I came across it but 8000 volts on the spark plug side sticks in my head. Probably why the plug gap is so small. Dyna claims 30k volts and spark plug gap can go to .034". Huge difference in the numbers and in reality on the bike.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Yeah, 8K is pretty small for secondary voltage. Works though. I don't know what the voltage is, but I plan on putting some pretty good spark to it in the very near future.

I'm wanting something for a base reference figure and can't find anything. I haven't looked too deep into what the factory figures are but for what time I did spend looking I've come-up empty-handed. I did a search here and found nothing particular. I'll search a bit deeper this evening.

·
Administrator
26,178 Posts
imported post

I remember seeing 18K for 1100s, 1000s couldn't be much less. I don't think 8K would even fire the plugs.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I don't know Dave... I think Greg is right-on with 8K for Jap-bikes of the era overall. Somewhere between seven and nine.

I was hoping for a published figure from Momma somewhere.

·
Premium Member
3,774 Posts

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Yeah, he makes mention of it, but has no real numbers either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.