Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Guys;

You helped me solve my fan issues earlier today but while the motor was idling it stalled after it was warm. The starter tried to turn the motor over but was barely able to and then stopped all together. Now when I push the starter button there is nothing. The main fuse is okay and I have power to lights, although the headlight seems to have just stopped working...sigh...help!

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

sounds like a battery charge and maybe a starter clean up and lube with a new set of brushes is needed .

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
imported post

is the battery charged? sounds to me like it wasnt charging..when it died the battery was too dead to start it back up...just a thought

·
Premium Member
2,848 Posts
imported post

Sounds like a tired starter or a bad ground connection. Where the ground cable grounds to the engine block is a problem area that many overlook. Remove the long bolt that goes through the engine and the Chrome triagular mount and clean that ground very good first. If that fails and you have power to the starter when the button is pressed then you need to look at fixing the starter. The Voltage should not drop below 10 volts when cranking or you may have a weak battery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.