Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys problem with the timing belts. I've got all the marks lined up but it will only run for a second and makes a screaching sound when it does. Any ideas

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
Tell us more, are the timing belts all you did to it and did you have any problems installing them and was it running before?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ran fine just time for a replace no problems putting them one other than a mark moving and having to line it back up

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
Can't imagine what could have happened just changing the belts. The screeching sound could be one of the tensioners not turning. If it runs even for a second the timing has to be close on the left cam at least.

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
I wonder if I got the crank backwards somehow
Not if you didn't turn it with the belts off. If you did and happened to set it on T2 and the up marks on the cam pulleys up it would throw the ignition 180 off and it wouldn't try to start at all, otherwise no harm.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might have got the crank on the wrong side since it takes two turns of the crank for one turn of the cams its on t1 and the cams are marked up and I think there spining worth a double check though

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
I might have got the crank on the wrong side since it takes two turns of the crank for one turn of the cams its on t1 and the cams are marked up
Then it's not possible it's wrong.

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
so what do I need to do

If the marks line up with the crank at T1, (make sure it is the raised mark on the cam pulley, not the small notch) then something else unrelated is wrong.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
from what your saying I got it right so its probley just the tensioners I'll check those again and replace them and see were that goes thanks for the help

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
But that does not explain why it won't run. Will it keep running if you hold the start button in?

·
Administrator
27,886 Posts
What part of Oklahoma are you in, it's a big place? There may be someone nearby that could help.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
I fixed it and feel dumb for what it was
So...we're supposed to beg for the explaination? People have taken the time to try and help you here...cough up the damn problem.

·
Just Winging It
3,327 Posts
Probably forgot to tighten the tensioner bolts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
missed the right side tensoiner bolt the one on the one right behined the frame it was not even hand tight

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
missed the right side tensoiner bolt the one on the one right behined the frame it was not even hand tight
There, that wasn't so hard was it? I only wish something like that's the biggest brain fart I've ever had:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.