Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi there - I've read the discussions on sizes & pressures, but does anyone have any recommendations on tyre brands and model no.s please?

I've used the bike-selector on the Bridgestone website to get the sizes, but would like to know what you love / hate about tyres you've tried before I get my dealer to order & fit them.

Bike is a '77 GL1000 that gets steady road use, solo rider & light load. I will be buying a premium brand like Bridgestone or Dunlop etc.

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
imported post

Bridgestones were supposed to be the best for the GL1000, if there really is such a thing as the best tyre.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

I think you can get them there; I use the Bridgestone Spitfire S11 tires. Great tires for this bike! And mine is also a '77.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

How many times must i tell you guys on this forum. :stumped:

There is only one brand of tyre that any right thinking person would fit to their wing, :jumper:What is thename of that tyre?* * * * *

[align=center]BRIDGESTONE. ![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=left]:weightlifter::18red::weightlifter:[/align]

·
Premium Member
126 Posts
imported post

I installed a set of bridgestone s11 ,s om my 76 1000 this year,far better tire than the dunlops that were on it when I bought it last year,I,d recommend bridgestones for the 1000

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

You have to excuse REDWING, he's pretty wishy washy on tire brands.:cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Ok, that seems quite conclusive then! Thanks for the advice, I will ask my garage to order these today.

Bridgestone 4 - Others 0

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey hirsty :waving: You wont regret fitting BRIDGESTONES. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Hi,

Found a local tyre shop that will fit Bridgestone BT45s to my new eBay rims - he keeps the rears in stock and will order the fronts once I've got my new bearings fitted so he can balance them.

Question: - both tyres & tubes fitted and balanced will cost £135 (or $235 USD), so is that about the right kind of money? I've never bought any bike tyres before!

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

hirsty wrote:
Hi,

Found a local tyre shop that will fit Bridgestone BT45s to my new eBay rims - he keeps the rears in stock and will order the fronts once I've got my new bearings fitted so he can balance them.

Question: - both tyres & tubes fitted and balanced will cost £135 (or $235 USD), so is that about the right kind of money? I've never bought any bike tyres before!

Thanks.
High end of the scale for US prices, but the dollar is pretty weak right now. I paid less than $200 last time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.