Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Help! The only tech book I could get for this bike is a Chilton and it is crap for simple pictures and descriptions. I can't find where my spark plugs are and what I have to do to get them out and replace them. Does anyone have a good description or pictue to help me?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
imported post

The spark plugsare located on top of the cylinder head 2 plugs on each side of the engine. (total 4) part number (NGK) DPR8EA-9 (or ask your local auto parts store for the number). The easiest way to find them is follow the spark plug wires on top of the engine.

You may have (and I don't know what your bike looks like) a chrome cover hiding the wires. You will need to remove that first to get to the plugs.

(spark plugs are number 28)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

Haynes and Clymer make a ws manual for the 1100. You should be able to see the plugs anyway, on top of the cylinder heads. Just remove the 3 phillips head screws on each lower fairing panel and then the little chrome cover over the plug cals and that's all there is to it.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
imported post

If your bike has the chrome plug covers....they gotta go. This may be why you can't see your plugs. It is located between your two intakes on top of your heads. Remove two little screws on the mounting bracket and you will have full access to your plugs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.