Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Here is an "odd" one. I hear or maybe just feel a low noise from front wheel anytime I make the slightest left or right motion while moving(change lane, avoid pothole), or make a turn. It sounds or feels like a bad bearing but it goes away when bike is going straight. With it jacked up I do not feel it. Tiresare Metzler 880 on '83 wheels and look okay. Wheels have NEW bearings. Front end has a fork brace.IHave checked axle, rotors, calipers, bolts. I have no shake or wobble issues with front end. A friend suggested the front tire may be the cause??? Anybody encounter anything like this their ride???

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
imported post

Nope! My guess is the tire also.

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Check the steering head bearings.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
imported post

Front tire would be my guess.
Bobby

·
Premium Member
1,262 Posts
imported post

Are you sure it's coming from the front? Sounds like a classic cupped tire noise to me.

Carefully look at the front and rear tire for protruding treads.

RED

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
imported post

If the front tire tread pattern changes As it rolls over the edge,youu will get a different sound when you are leaned over and riding on the different part of the tread.On my 1100 I used to have the difference became more pronounced as the tire wore,even though the tread was safe and not showing unusual wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.