Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bottomed out over even small bumps during an unseasonable nice day yesterday, so i'm fairly sure that my shocks are very low. I stopped at two gas stations, and neither one would even measure the air in the shocks, much less fill them. I came home and tried to use a mobile compressor, with the same problem. There's ONE gas station local to me, that seems to have an air hose that will actually fill the shocks.

Is this something peculiar to goldwing air suspension's fill nipple? Is mine just screwy? Is there some kind of aftermarket part I've never heard of?

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Not all valve cores are created equal.

I have several that are just a tiny bit to short to work with any gauge or filler I have found.

I did find some at NAPA that worked for me. I didn't save the part number and even if I did there's no guaranty that the next package would be the same.

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
Front forks or rear shocks? Front uses less than 14 lbs if I remember correctly.
You may need to change the oil in them. Fork oil should be changed yearly.
Rear shocks could be leaking oil seals or fittings leaking o-rings.
Have you looked for leaking oil around all the seals? Wet shocks?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are actually new rear shocks, and i believe i had the same issue last year. If not all valve cores are created equal, that's pretty much an answer.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
yes go to a auto parts store and look for the ones that would be longest. Note that is longer from the seat up not the end with the spring.
Wilf

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.