Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is an original Clarion radio on an 83 Aspencade. The radio comes on both AM/FM, has sound to the speakers and but will only select one frequency. Any suggestions on how to dis-assemble and repair?

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
imported post

If you can not change the station by either the radio or handle bar control you may have one or more buttons stuck
thus locking the radio controls up.

·
Older and Wiser
1,734 Posts
imported post

If it is anything other than sticking buttons, you should send it to Sierra to fix. They are very good and prices are reasonable.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
imported post

When I took mine apart I discarded what looked like just a piece of paper, turned out it was the antenna. then I plugged in what I had thought all along was the antenna and it would only play 1 station, turned out this was the CB antenna (there are 2 plugs on the radio) after setting it up on the right plug it works fine.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank You Everyone!!! ;)

Will try the plugs first and check the controls.

If these don't work how do I locate Sierra, website, address???

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

fairwinds2 wrote:
Thank You Everyone!!! ;)

Will try the plugs first and check the controls.

If these don't work how do I locate Sierra, website, address???
Send a PM to forum member Wayne, he works for Sierra.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Finally got back to this!! I checked the back of the radio/cb and the plug in is a 32 pin integrated plug. There is a standard radio antenna plug coming from a chrome box in the fairing that is labeled "CB &&&&&&&". Can't read the second word. There is also a female intercom plug but I do not see where either can connect to the radio.

The controls on the handle bar feel free. When I turn on the CB I can change channels. Haven't check for transmitting as I am waiting on a headset. A friend recommend shooting some electronics cleaner into the handle bar controller. Any opinions on that?

How can I check the memory switch?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.