Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I HAVE A 1983 GL1100 ASPENCADE. I JUST BOUGHT THE BIKE LAST FRIDAY 10-20-09. THE RADIO WORKED BUT NO SOUND CAME OUT OF THE SPEAKERS. I KNEW THE RADIO WAS WORKING BECAUSE I COULD SEE THE GREEN STEREO LIGHT FLASHING LIKE IT WAS GETTING A SIGNAL. I FOUND A FUSE BLOWN GOING TO THE BOOSTER FOR THE SPEAKERS. I CHANGED IT OUT AND NOW I HAVE SOUND. THE PROBLEM IS THE TAPE PLAYER IS LOUD ENOUGH TO BLOW YOU OFF THE BACK OF THE BIKE. THE RADIO WILL NOT GET LOUD ENOUGH TO HEAR GOING DOWN THE ROAD. CAN ANYONE HELP? THANK YOU.

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,628 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the forum. Someone will be along real quick.

One comment though, on forums, ALL CAPS means you are yelling at us. Would you mind turning off that CAPS lock key?

Tnx,

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
imported post

Sorry I can't help, when I installed the Clarion II in my '80 I saw no need to install the tape player as I prefer having a pocket.

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Clarion 2 sound system. When all components are working properly it's great. When it breaks down it can take 30 seconds or 30 months to trace and repair the problem!

For me, at similar volume settings - say one notch before top dead centre - both the tape deck and the radio play at a comfortable level while the CB is loud enough to be annoying.

You may want to trace the wiring for the antenna to make sure that it is clean and tight all the way along. It may also be that the trimmer has to be adjusted.

There is still a repair service for these systems. It's Sierra-mc.com. If you send them your problem they may be able to tell you which component to send in for repair.

Richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.