Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the rear rotor from a 1983 GL1100 will fit on a 1982? I thought Honda changed to the cast aluminum wheels in 1983 from those on previous years, but can't find if the rotors are interchangeable. Any guidance is appreciated.
Thx

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
Hi SW, there were a number of changes in the '83 model year but rotors weren't one of them. They will fit fine.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jack!!

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Yes the 83 rotor will fit (although) . The 83 does not use the ventilated rear rotor that you have on your 82 Aspen . The 83 rotor will be thinner(solid) . Going by memory cause its been a while , but I think the 82 caliper is wider ( by mm s) to fit the vented rotor . I'd be sure to check the length of the pistons once they are extended to grip the thinner 83 rotor .

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
i dont think the rear was ever the vented just tthe front ones on the aspencade.(83)

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Wayne the 82 aspy rear rotor was vented like the front 82/83 aspy. I understood the OP to be asking if an 83 rotor will fit his 82 aspy.
For sure things get real confusing on the 83 aspy , so many one off / one year parts .

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
:readit: how ture , how true .:waving:

·
Registered
17 Posts
my 83 aspy has the vented disks-the anti dive forks and the interlinked brakes but still has the comstar wheels ?????? lol:?

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts
my 83 aspy has the vented disks-the anti dive forks and the interlinked brakes but still has the comstar wheels ?????? lol:?
Do you have the digital gauges or analog 85 mph speedo? If not the digital then it's an 82. 83 came with 11 spoke cast rims. Did you look at the vin tag on the steering neck for model year?

Sent from my LS670 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.