Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

does anybody happen to know what size the baffles are in a 1100 lenght and diameter thx po cut tips off the exhaust and put turndowns on but i want to make it quiet again as they say you know why goldwings have stereos ......................................................................................................thats so harley riders hear us coming

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

You could also replace the turnouts with Harley takeoffs which can be had pretty cheap. Prolly cheaper then what you could buy/make baffles for. I say that cuz I got a set of HD bagger takeoffs for free!

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

my gl is a 83 and yes i know i could use the harley mufflers but i want it quiet thx i have that as a reserve plan

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

You could make your own if you're handy and don't mind weld marks (unless you take the time to polish them out and rechrome).

Per side: two fender washers (inside washer thick, baffle washer thin and stainless), a measured length of electrical conduit with a tapered/conical cone welded onone end, stainless bolt and washer hardware, blind T-nuts and some gasket material. Various types of wrap can adjust noise and/or backpressure.

A welder, a drill press (preferred), some filing and grinder use and you've a set of custom baffles.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

I cut mine off of my 1100 they where about 6 inchs long an inner tube with holes surrounded by insulation. Sounded like crap without them. Put on sportster mufflers and sounds real sweet. nicer than my 79 with roadglide mufflers
Wilf

PS

My 1500 has stock exhaust and is very quite. I need earplugs to ride it! Why because I can hear all the mechanical noise from the engine and tranny and I just hate that . With the ear plugs on the 1500 is one sweet quite ride

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.