Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to Goldwing ownership and to this site so have a question about the cam belt tensioners and carbs,

having spoke to some of my friends they told me to change the belts on the GL1100 I have recently purchased asap which I have now done, but as I have almost finished re-building the bike (only carbs left) there`s a niggling thought in the back of my mind about the tensioners, there was some play in the wheels ie...up/down side/side and was wondering if that was normal? or should they be solid with no movement (except round and round obviously :))? I would rather put new ones on while the bike is off the road if I need too,

also the big question (deep breath) is at the moment its got a single carb set up (old cycle innovations carb etc... I found out) and was wondering do I get the carbs refurbed (Wingovations Scotland using Randaks kit) or buy the new VW single carb and manifold on e-bay thats made in USA? really can`t decide,

I am only an amateur mechanic and depend heavily on the internet and friends to get things done so hopefully someone can help

Many thanks for any assistance

Cheers Ade.

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
The play should not be too great in your tensioners. Just make sure that the play is not in the bearing, if so you need to replace them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.