Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi Guys, Been talking to you all and reading a bunch on tech tips. Anyway gl1100 started with knocking noise questions-tuning questions- oil questions etc. Did all the stuff you all recommended out there and today rebuilt my starter. After all you have recommended this thing runs GREAT!! No knocks No clangs- smooth like a lincoln car, starts so fast now in cold weather cant even here the starter run, touch the button and its purring. idles at 750 RPM clean.. THANKS A BUNCH !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
imported post

Its great to hear you were able to get the bike purring again . now its just time to :action:ride .....well if the streets are clear of snow . Visit often .

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I can't disagree that the 1100 is one of the best motorcycles ever built. One of the easiest 'Wings to work on and when all the years of neglect have been corrected they are a very reliable motorcycle.

·
The Irish Crew
3,932 Posts
imported post

The GL1100 is definitely a keeper Randy. With the experience you have gained fixing yours, you will be able to help out other owners here when they need it.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
imported post

1100's are nice, BUT, I love the braking improvements on my 1200.... wouldn't ever go back.... (AND) reports on ease of fixing, working on the newer models (1500/1800) aren't so good... I'm keepin my 1200...

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

great worthogs...rode one for 10 yrs...but yeah 1200 is much more refined all the way around....1500 is like night and day to 1200's but 1500 carb problems can be a nightmare but the alternator is a breeze...thank god

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.