Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

:cool:HELLO EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GETTING MY BARN FIND GOING. IT TOOK A CRAP LOAD OF MONEY AND YOUR HELP BUT SHE LIVES AGAIN. WELL WORTH THE MONEY AFTER FINALLY GETTING TO RIDER HER, WHAT A MACHINE!! THE RIGHT BLINKER WON'T BLINK BUT THE LEFT WILL. ALL THE LIGHT BULBS SEEM TO BE OK BECAUSE WHEN I HIT THE SWITCH EVERYTHING LIGHTS UP BUT NO BLINK. I CAN MANUALLY BLINK BUT THAT SUCKS. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I'M ALSO TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST A PIC OF HER BUT NO LUCK?:pumpkin:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

I am new to bikes in general so this may be useless information but I do know that on some cars the lights just come on and stay on if there is a light that is out. I know that you said that all lights are working but it is possible that one has been missed, these things have several lights. Hope this helps, if not, sorry for waisting your time.

Swampman

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

Firecop,

First off I am not much of a spark monkey, but three things come to mind.

1. Even though the bulbs illuminate, one of the filaments might be bad.

2.A bad ground on either the front or rear turn signal.

3. A badflasher relay.

One check you might try is to see if the hazard lights work.

Regards,

Garry

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Garry Hill wrote:
Firecop,

One check you might try is to see if the hazard lights work.

Regards,

Garry
:waving:The GL1100GoldWingdoes not have "hazard lights".

·
Administrator
26,570 Posts
imported post

Could be the wrong bulbs, I don't have the #s of the correct bulbs but I believe the front is an 1157 and the rear is a 1156.

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
imported post

I beg to differ with you goldwinger. With a proper short, and a bumpy enough road a 1100 will have hazard lights:weightlifter:

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
imported post

I would bet on the flasher being bad. Mine was intermittent a few years ago and I replaced it with a Stant (brand) from a local auto store. I don't remember the model number.

Do a search of the forum for info on what model and info on how to do it. I posted detailed instructions a couple of times and I know others have as well. It's really very simple!

Bob :11grey:

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
imported post

Just went through this with my 82 Interstate. Found the ground was pretty intermittent. I found the ground wire was loose. Try cleaning the contacts and check the ground. Your blinker relay may be out as well.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
imported post

Check to see if any of the lamps were replaced with LED bulbs. If they were, they probably won't blink. If that's it, holler fer help.

Tim

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
imported post

Could also be something in the switch... mine recently had a problem where the right signal wouldn't work if I pushed the switch all the way over unless I then pulled it back about 1/8" or so. I ended up taking the switch apart and found that whoever had the bike before me must have taken it apart then put it back together incorrectly since the lever was being allowed to move too far.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

thanks everyone for the ideas. i'm going to try to figure it out this week. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,838 Posts
imported post

Firecop119,

I have the same problem on my 1980 GL1100. It is in the connector going into the Faring (Where my problem is) Check yours, get some contact cleaner, and get some elextrical conductive grease, and fill the female about 1/4, hook it up, (MAKE SURE BATTERY IS DISCONNECTED OR MASTER FUSE IS REMOVED!!!)disconnect it, and clean off the excess, then it should work. Also, you could have a ground broken on the rear right side. Check that also. I took by Blinker Module assembly off, took off the cover, and also cleaned it.

Hope this helps,

Nightrider1

firecop119 wrote:
:cool:HELLO EVERYONE AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP GETTING MY BARN FIND GOING. IT TOOK A CRAP LOAD OF MONEY AND YOUR HELP BUT SHE LIVES AGAIN. WELL WORTH THE MONEY AFTER FINALLY GETTING TO RIDER HER, WHAT A MACHINE!! THE RIGHT BLINKER WON'T BLINK BUT THE LEFT WILL. ALL THE LIGHT BULBS SEEM TO BE OK BECAUSE WHEN I HIT THE SWITCH EVERYTHING LIGHTS UP BUT NO BLINK. I CAN MANUALLY BLINK BUT THAT SUCKS. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. I'M ALSO TRYING TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST A PIC OF HER BUT NO LUCK?:pumpkin:

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Garry Hill wrote:
I beg to differ with you goldwinger. With a proper short, and a bumpy enough road a 1100 will have hazard lights:weightlifter:
:waving:Sounds like that would be a big malfuction!

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
imported post

Davogd430 wrote:
Could be the wrong bulbs, I don't have the #s of the correct bulbs but I believe the front is an 1157 and the rear is a 1156.
:waving:The correct bulbs are: Front turn signals-1034 bulbs, Rear turn signals-1073 bulbs, and tail/stoplight--1157 bulbs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.