Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am rebuilding the rear caliper on my 1982 GL1100. However, some people have said that while I'm doing this I should replace the brake lines. Does anyonyone have any advice on how to get this done... materials to use etc.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

T. Scott

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,341 Posts
imported post

You can get braided lines made. Maybe there are some already made to fit, but I doubt it. The OEM lines may still be available too. Look them up on www.westernhonda.com . All you need is the rubber parts, so that would probably be the least expensive option. And the easiest too.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

I rip the ENTIRE brake and clutch system out of a new bike, then take it to a shop that makes custom braided stainless steel lines... They simply cut the new lines to match the lengths and fittings required by the stock setup.

On the 1500 at least, you end up with Full-length SS lines, that are otherwise unavailable using aftermarket parts (which typically only replace the rubber portions).

·
Premium Member
2,447 Posts
imported post

I got mine here: http://www.spieglerusa.com/ They either have them already made up or have the specs to produce them quickly. I hade 'em in hand 2 days later, but that may be because I'm within one day's UPS from them. Not the cheapest, but I've never had an issue with Spiegler products.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.