Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Hard to tell even from the vid, but could be a few things, maybe: starter staying engaged (bad relay), bad starter rollers, carb.s out of sync (doubtful but...), bad timing belt tensoner, possibly other things.

Does it do that only when started cold, only when started hot, or either?

How does it go away, does it suddenly stop or does it slowly fade?

Does it stop if you pull the clutch?

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,232 Posts
Does sound to me like starter over run. Turn the run switch off and see if it keeps trying to wind over, if it does turn the run switch back on and let the bike start again. If this happens it is the starter circuit or the solenoid that is staying engaged you can test which by using a test light on the solenoid start switch wire.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
I'd adjust the valves if it was mine.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
...i think im gonna do the valves...
Doubtful its the valves. By 'doing' are you reffering to new ones, or checking the adjustments? Checking the adjustments would not hurt, and might be a good idea anyway, unless you did them recently.

...pretty sure the starter pulls back ok
Ummmm.... Don't know how to say this better, but if your starter is 'pulling back ok' you have a problem. The starter is not like one for a car, it does not 'pull back'.

If you get the chance to answer my questions in my last post, please post your replies.

Bill

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Doubtful its the valves. By 'doing' are you reffering to new ones, or checking the adjustments? Checking the adjustments would not hurt, and might be a good idea anyway, unless you did them recently.

Ummmm.... Don't know how to say this better, but if your starter is 'pulling back ok' you have a problem. The starter is not like one for a car, it does not 'pull back'.

If you get the chance to answer my questions in my last post, please post your replies.

Bill
yes..thanks...sorry im getting back so slowly...i mean adjusting the valves... I dont think its that....when i said "pulling back" i just meant disengaging from the engine....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.