Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

hi everybody,i just replaced my valve seals and replaced my timing belts and reset valves. my bike trieds to start ,but you barely. i have a honda (factory) manual and alsoa copy of all repair helps off our site . i consider myself a pretty fair mech.,but i am bomfussal'ed on this job. can anybody help me? thanks in advance.hoghideman

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
imported post

There is not timing on the 1100's except getting the marks on the cam wheels to line up with the case marks..if you are off more than a tooth or two you can bend a valve..

The left side is usually easy but the right 1/3 tends to be pushed off a tooth or two by the tension on the cam wheel from the cam lobes.

Also after lining everything up with the tensioners loose tight the left side 2/4 then rotate the engine 180 and then tighten up the right side tensioner..it should make the topside of the belt tighter...many skip this step and get things off a bit.

·
Loyal member
276 Posts
imported post

You could also do a compression test and that would verify if your valves were sealing properly.If not as I stated before check your belt marks or your valve adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.