Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I would like to share a bit of tech info for people that are syncing their carbs, instead of trying to find the 5mm by .80pitch vacuum barbs you can use the Mikuni long hex main jets.

They're a 5mm by .80 pitch that the Honda's require. I like to use a 122 main jet or smallerwhen I sync carbs because the motion pro gage that I use doesn't flutter one bit even without the push in line valves.

Here's another tip when cleaning your carbs andparts, Harbor freight has a 2.5 liter ultrasonic cleaner for 70 bucks that will absolutely clean your carb parts when mixed with the right solution that won't harm aluminum. Saving you from removing thecarbs againbecause you still have a clogged circuit.

I have a larger more expensive sonic cleaner but the HB one will do the job if you disassemble the carbs from the main body.

The carb dip you buy at auto parts stores will destroy your carb bodies if left in for to long of a time and still leave residue where the sonic cleaner won't harm them and clean every circuit.

I usePELCO Kleensonic™ CDC Ultrasonic Cleaning Powder Concentrate for Aluminum.

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

Got a link for those jets?

Also you can use seafoam in the sonic cleaner with no problems.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

The short hex jets will work too, I just like the long ones becuase it's easier to slip the hose on.
You can buy them at any cycle shop, that's what makes it nice.

Thanks for the tip on the seafoam.....

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
Got a link for those jets?

Also you can use seafoam in the sonic cleaner with no problems.

The sonic cleaner is nice for cleaning the gum out of the pilot jets, isn't it!
And the accelerator pump.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.