Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a thread a while ago that explained how to perform a carb sync on a 1980 GL1100. It even had a very well done video. Did I bookmark it. NO. And now I can't find it. Can anyone help?

I am also looking to purchase the tool / set up that was being used. It had the 4 gauges and 2 short and 2 long solid tubes that screwed into the side of the carb.

Bob

·
Premium Member
2,790 Posts

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
Part1

Part2

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
1,230 Posts
That's the video. Thanks for sending me the link. Where did you get the tool? I see some on eBay but they are only 2 gauges. I may have access to 4 gauges but don't have the solid rods and hoses with tube pincher. Do you know where to get these and their sizes?

Bob

Hey!!!!! Just so's ya'all know, the guy on these videos is NOT ME, he's a Fella calls himself danfilipi out of California, a member on here and alternative site owner, I have tried numorous times to get this and other examples of his work published on here as sticky notes but without success. In fact, it's how I became this sites "official" Cheeky Plonker, ain't it Wexy & Red Baron???..........:readit:

·
Junior Grue
8,153 Posts
Just so you know Bickebandit as usual is living up to their name.
Their sale price is about the same as most other sellers regular price.
So shop around and save.

·
1,230 Posts
Heads up!!!

Hey!!!!! Just so's ya'all know, the guy on these videos is NOT ME, he's a Fella calls himself danfilipi out of California, a member on here and alternative site owner, I have tried numorous times to get this and other examples of his work published on here as sticky notes but without success. In fact, it's how I became this sites "official" Cheeky Plonker, ain't it Wexy & Red Baron???..........:readit:
+1.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
2,163 Posts
There is also a similar unit available in the US and Canada by Motion Pro. It doesn't use mercury and it allows you to calibrate theunit before using. I would think that gives better accuracy.
What do you think.

Bob
I've already told you what I think. If I had to buy a new set of gauges, I'd but the Morgan Carbtunes.

·
It aint rocket science
3,968 Posts
Next one I get will be the Morgan, toss it into the toolbox and no worry of liquids evaporating or spilling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.