Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have taken my 1000 carbs in and out many times, but this 1100 what the?

I have intakes off, and the throttle cables off, choke and fuel line off, can''t see what is holding me. Do I need to take Carb caps off? or what?
Thanks gl11 guys.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Steve, broke the pull cable, so dang, carbs off.

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,211 Posts
imported post

All I can remember is that they have to come out on the left, don't remember dismantling anything first, I think even the intakes stayed on. But this'll tell you.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/luzgum

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
imported post

I have taken mine out a bunch of times I have a method I use, I placed a small wood dowel to fit under the carb body on the left side so when I take off the intakes it doesn't drop down when I pull the right ones off...Once the intakes are out, remove the right caps and springs slides, and note their position so they down get mixed up, now with the cables still in place I pull the carb body out to the left as far as it goes, this will give you more room toloosen the cable nuts,loosen them and remove cables and it will come out without much fuss note the routing of the cables for install......Fuel filter stays in place..

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks all, I of course read my 1000 manuals a bunch, however, after posting last night I did pull up Haynes Manual, and read about taking 1& 3 caps off. I should have read book first. After I take off the caps, I am sure it will come on out.

I am going to re-route the cables outside the frame just as someone suggested on my 1000, to make it easier in future.
Thanks again.
Did anyone see my post about adapting a 1000 chrome front fender to this 11? Wondering if it is ok to drill small hole for screw in the spot (where the bottom brace attaches), where there is a screw/bolt on the 1000?

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

morriscatt wrote:
Did anyone see my post about adapting a 1000 chrome front fender to this 11? Wondering if it is ok to drill small hole for screw in the spot (where the bottom brace attaches), where there is a screw/bolt on the 1000?
Haven't seen it. Are you talking about the bottom of the fork leg?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.