Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

UPDATE 2/28: Due to the level of interest in these items, I have decided to auction them on this Forum as a direct donation. I'm currently working with the Moderator to set up the auction process. Thanks for your interest, and stay tuned!

Two each (2ea) original GL1100 Cassette decks

I obtained these approx. fifteen years ago from a dealer who was going out of business. Both are still in the original box with owners instructions and installation publication # HP 189 81112 dated December 1981. The operational condition is unknown but I suspect both are new and have never been installed as both are still in original packing and box.

Box information:

Honda/Clarion
Cassette Deck
H/C 106792
Part # 08118-MB960

If you are interested please contact me.

Bikefix

The interior package contents

Contents of box 1

Contents of box #2

The instruction sheets are there too

and as you can see, the packaging is totally original and intact.

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It is the whole cassette system including exterior trim and locking mechanism. This unit slides into the fairing opening and is removable for safe keeping.

·
Premium Member
631 Posts
imported post

Asking price?

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
imported post

In my experience, the only thing they may require after all this time is replacement rubber parts such as a belt and pinch roller. They tend to dry out and crack over time. Other than that, they are probably in great condition!

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I understand and you may be correct butan indicator that all is well isthat the cassette door gaskets are veryfresh and elastic feeling like most new products are. I will post some pictures with further sales information soon so stay tuned… Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

OK I'm a day late and a dollar short but here is the deal....Both of these cassette decks are now on a BID ONLY sale.....All monies collected will go directly to the forum....At the end of this auction the winners will be notified and when Steve receives the money MrFixit will be notified to whom to ship these beauties to..Winners will also pay the shipping charges.....Bids start now, and end at midnight March 28th 2009....

Claude.....

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

ok--heres a opening bid for one of them --- $25.00 + fright . oh---can casette tapes be found ?

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
imported post

ooooo,id throw ya 35.....when is this gonna be auctioned?i need one....lol...mine is junk

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Remember guys and gals and notice the new dust covers and locks with original keys! Check out e-bay or other boards and you will see quickly that you will never find this opportunity again so step up to the plate and show your appreciation for Steve Saunders and Goldwingfacts.com!

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Yes indeed lots of time to research and the last minute should be a blast!!!:D

·
Premium Member
5,734 Posts
imported post

well at least its off and the bidding has beguian .

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Bikefix has offered to put the following two Hondaline cassette players up for auction.......See pictures below and full description......

Auction starts Today ends midnight ( Texas Time) March 28,2009....

This auction will benefit the Forum....The top two bidders will be notified by Steve...Top bidders will mail or PayPal Steve with the money for the Cassette players.....Then Steve, or myself will notify Bikefix of the winning bidders....Bikefix will mail the winners the Cassette players COD......

Just remember all monies will be given to the Forum

Good luck ...to all bidders.....

Claude.......

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
imported post

I don't see the pic's

Steve-O

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
imported post

ok please forgive me but if the winning bidder pays by mail or paypal why are thecassette playersbeing sent COD??? Just curious? Are the winning bidders paying twice? must be GREATcassette players:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Reel to reel or 8 track? :cheeky1::cheeky1:not sure I can cope with that modern cassette technology on my 18!!!:shock::D:D

I am sure once the little glitches of paying twice and lack of pictures are sorted it will be a good fun auction. :clapper::clapper::waving:

·
Premium Member
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

"Bikefix will mail the winners the Cassette players COD......"

Meaning that Bikefix will shipthe Cassette players and thewinners will be responsible for delivery/shipment chargesand not Bikefix... and for the skeptical & hecklers nohidden handling charges will be added just direct shipping costs.

I have additional pictures but uploading them has turned out to be a challenge for meand I hope to have them posted shortly...

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Thank you for that clarification Bikefix. :clapper:

Now, will someone please go round and wake that old goat Red Baron up, and ask him to put the pics up and also tell this doppy Englishman where I go to partake in this auction, I don't see anything in the sticky section, or is it just me being my stupid self? :shock::D

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Glad I am not the only one who has problems trying to load pictures and stuff!! Don't feel too bad, I am the worlds worst computer moron, trust me!!!!:cheeky1::waving:

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.